Sunday, November 17, 2013

Penny Black

Penny Black!! Wow:-) I was sooo excited when I found out they would be the sponsor for this months challenge. I have loved their stamps for a long time and the Christmas Hedgehog and Cat rank right up the top of the list!! I chose the Transparent stamp set Christmas Joy from the new release and couldn't resist colouring them all:-) leaving white space is something I tend to struggle with, I always feel compelled to place something there but a recent customer order for a light card that could be posted easily overseas got me thinking. I didn't add any paper to the card to keep it light and stuck with the white card base as the main part of the card. I embossed the background with snowflakes and added on a panel of plain white to break it up. The image is cut out using a circle spellbinder then overplayed with a snowflake wreath by Memory Box. Having all the white also made the coloured image the central focus of the card and made really pop:-) it was out of my comfort zone but I love the end result!!



Medium: Copic and Spectrum Noir Markers
Fur: IG8, IG6, IG4, IG2, IG1 (SN), R20, Blender Pen (Cat) E49, E47, E44, E43, E42, E41 (Dog)

Other: R89, R39, R37, R35, R24, G29, G28, G24, G21, BV00, BV01, BV02, BV04, BV08, E44, E43, E42, E41
Image: Penny Black, Christmas Joy Clear Set
Paper: Neenah Solar Crest (Crafters Companion UK)
Elements: White Card Stock (Aussie Scrap Source), Frostyville Wreath Die and Snowflake Label (Memory Box), Scallop Edge Punch (Fiskars), Circle Die (Spellbinders), Moonlight White Brilliance Ink (Archival), Snowman embossing folder (Crafters Companion)


No comments:

Post a Comment